Friday, October 9, 2009

Jets Coach Red Ryan on WR Braylon Edwards and CB Lito Sheppard

As reported by Randy Lange’s blog on newyorkjets.com:
"You got a great big guy there," head coach Rex Ryan said of No. 17, Braylon Edwards, joining the Jets' WR group at today's practice at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. "I said, 'Did we sign a defensive end or is that a wideout?' He's at least 6'3", 220 or 215. He looks big. He's in shape, but that's just a big man. So it was kind of fun seeing him out there. Guys were getting after him and challenging him, things like that.

"He had a good practice."

"He caught about 50 balls and dropped one," Ryan tabulated. "I don't think we need to be overly concerned if he drops a ball. He's way ahead of where I even thought he'd be."

[Lito] Sheppard, Rex said, "was limited today. He was practicing, though, so I'm real positive. I'm not positive he'll play for sure, but I'm positive he practiced today. That was good to see him out there. He was moving around. We're taking him in and out of drills so he's not getting every rep, but he's out there and he's moving pretty well."

No comments:

Post a Comment