Thursday, January 28, 2010

Joe Namath Hall of Shame Inductee #4 with Shame-O-Meter Rating of 3

My Wife and I were at our friend’s house watching the Jet home game against the hated New England Patriots (aka Cheaters) on Sunday night, December 20, 2003. As soon as the ESPN sideline reporter Suzy Kolber began interviewing the beloved Jet quarterback Broadway Joe Namath I yelled out “Oh my God, Joe’s hammered!” Sure enough the following occurred as reported by sportsillustrated.cnn.com:
Suzy Kolber: Joe, it's been a tough season for Jets fans. What does it mean to you now that the team is struggling?

Joe Namath: I wanna kiss you. I couldn't care less about the team struggling. What we know is we can improve. Chad Pennington, our quarterback, missed the first part of the season, and we struggled. We're looking to next season, we're looking to make a noise now and ... I wanna kiss you!

SK: Thanks Joe! I'll take that as a huge compliment ... [Namath in background: YEAH!!!!] Joe Namath, part of the four-decade team. We'll see these guys at halftime.


Since then every time my Wife and I see Joe we look at each other and say, “I WANNA KISSSS YOU.”

3 comments:

  1. Some people get wake up calls, I get go to bed calls. They call me at 4 in the morning and say "Jooooeeee go to beeeeeedddd."

    ReplyDelete