Friday, January 29, 2010

Marv Albert (YESSSSSSS!) Hall of Shame Inductee #5 with Shame-O-Meter Rating of 6

Marv Albert, the voice of the New York Knickerbockers and Rangers since I was a kid, is the fifth inductee into my Hall of Shame. Thanks to my friend for making the recommendation. Marv covered sports for New York City local WNBC-TV Channel 4 and hoops for the NBC network as well. His name appears on Madison Square Garden’s Walk of Fame in front of the main entrance off of 32nd Street and 7th Avenue. I walk past his name every time I go to Ranger games and other events at the Garden. He was arrested in the fall of 1997 as reported by washingtonpost.com:
Taking the stand yesterday for the first time, as a witness called by the prosecution, the 56-year-old former voice of the New York Knicks offered his accuser a somewhat stumbling apology. "Ms. Perhach and I had a 10-year relationship. In the past, there was consensual biting," Albert said. "On this particular evening, I did not realize until her testimony that she felt harmed by this.”
These days being the play-by-play announcer for the New Jersey Nets may be torture enough for Marv! While working alongside Boomer Esiason on Westwood One’s Monday Night Football radio coverage I have to think, has Boomer ever thought to ask Marv how it feels wearing women’s underwear under his suit? The Golden Voice can be heard on TNT’s basketball coverage as well. All I can say is “YESSSSSSS AND HE’S FOULED!”

No comments:

Post a Comment