Thursday, September 17, 2009

Matt Gilroy Reminds Me a Bit of Brian Leetch

Seeing the Boson University 25-year-old rookie Matt Gilroy score that goal last night reminds of Brian Leetch. To even make that comparison is a stretch but it's great to see that kind of play. In his first two games of the preseason he roamed around the offensive zone. Watching him come up ice and beat Danis last night was amazing. I hope he makes todays cut and continues to get Torts' attention. I'd love to see him on the Blueshirts starting roster.

As reported by nydailynews.com:
"I chose to come play for them. I chose to come play for Coach Tortorella," said Gilroy, who signed with the Blueshirts on April 17. "I love the way he coaches and lets his defensemen join the rush and take chances. That was a huge reason for me to come to the Rangers, was Coach Tortorella. So I kind of knew what I was getting into."

No comments:

Post a Comment