Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dubinsky Wants to be a Ranger

Steve Zipay reports on Blue Notes on Brandon Dubinsky as he scrimmaged yesterday morning at the Ranger training facility:
“I want to be a Ranger,” said Dubinsky, 23, still an unsigned, restricted free agent. “The Rangers want me here; something’s gonna get done real quick and this will all be an afterthought. I’m in here working hard, getting ready for the season, not worrying about that; everything falls into place eventually, so I’m not losing any sleep over it. Obviously there’s been a lot of speculation and stuff, but I know where we’re at and where we’re gonna be…It might be 12 days away from camp, but 12 days is a long time, you can have a lot of conversations in 12 days, it only takes one.”
During the summer, Dubinsky trained in his home state of Alaska and in New York recently and changed his routine a bit. “I shot a lot of pucks; I passed on too many opportunities last season,” he said.
For Dubinsky to be a first line center his scoring and point total need to go up a lot.  I liked watching him play with Jagr.  Jagr taught him a thing or too.

No comments:

Post a Comment