Thursday, August 12, 2010

Play Hooky at Citi Field this Afternoon: Mets Host Phillies Friday, Saturday And Sunday Nights

The New York Mets host the Colorado Rockies in the rubber game of the 3-game series this afternoon at Citi Field. Last night was an utter disaster that disturbs me too much right to write about at the moment. I’ll put together a What’s Up Jerry? post later on today. I was heading home from the Red Bull game last night on NJ Transit where I heard two disgruntled Met fans bemoaning the awful game they just attended and were asking themselves why they continue to support this team. As a lifelong Met fan I decided to not join in and move my seat to the next car! It was just easier that way. I received an email from the Mets telling me to play hooky and come out to Citi Field this afternoon. I think I’d rather play hockey so I will listen to the game on the radio and hope that David Wright goes 3-for-4 with a 2 runs scored and 2 RBIs.

No comments:

Post a Comment