Monday, May 24, 2010

New Statue of Yogi Berra to be Placed in Front of Yogi’s Museum in Little Falls, NJ

A new statue of Yogi Berra, truly one of the greatest players to every play Major League Baseball will be placed in front of the Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center in Little Falls, NJ. Yogi was present today for the unveiling of the artist’s rendering. The statue shows Yogi holding a bat in the on-deck circle. Yogi is the proud owner of 10 World Series Rings which are on display at the museum. My Wife and I root for and attend New Jersey Jackal games and will be visiting the museum this summer before a game. I remember Yogi well as a coach and manager of the New York Mets years ago.

"I think it's great," Berra said. "I didn't know I looked that good."

"I still root for the Mets, but not when we play them," Yogi said.

"You have to love to play it and I loved to play it," he added. "Where else could you make that kind of money playing ball. I still love baseball. If I'm not out there, I could watch three or four games."
I completely understand what Yogi says about baseball. I too love it to that level, but never made a buck off it. In fact I’d pay to play some games at Citi Field!

No comments:

Post a Comment