Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday, May 14th Continued Thoughts on Jets Offseason Moves Thus Far

Here are a few continued thoughts on the Jets wheeling and dealings thus far:
  • Defensive end Shaun Ellis’ “The Big Cat” request for a contract extension has been turned down by the Jets. The Jets want to get younger but The Big Cat has been one of my favorite Jets and has been the face of the defense for a decade. I hope he stays and finishes out his career as a Jet. They will most likely look to trade him unfortunately.
  • Linebacker David Harris and All-Pro center Nick Mangold have requested contract extensions as well. Harris was awesome last year. No brainer, they should extend both. The Jets are already negotiating with cornerback All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis.
  • Jet Owner Woody Johnson will not lower the price on unsold PSLs in the lower bowl of the new Meadowlands Stadium. The problem is that if the Jets don’t sell 8,000 available PSLs for non-club or suites in the lower bowl the Jets stand the risk of being blacked out on local TV. I remember the last time the Jets were blacked out in 1977 and it wasn’t fun for us fans. The Jets have been spamming my e-mail inbox like mad in an effort to bring me to the stadium and allow me to pick my own seats. Johnson will also not lift the PSLs for the unsold lower bowl seats in an effort to get them sold. He said the price is fair! I’m buying some of my friend’s seats once again this upcoming season and this time we’re in the 200s, with PSLs!

No comments:

Post a Comment