Saturday, May 15, 2010

Marlins Blew Out Mets 7-2 at Sun Life Stadium Friday as Oliver Perez Sucked Even More than Last Time Out and I Pray it’s His Last Time for New York

Oliver Perez must have thought it was batting practice as he gave up 4 home runs last night. I can’t believe it, 4 homers! He absolutely sucks and giving him a ridiculously expensive contract was a complete joke. Perez gave up 7 earned runs, 9 hits (4 HRs), with 3 walks and 4 strikeouts in 3.1 innings. That’s pathetic and looks like a bad high school pitcher’s numbers. After his last debacle he said “never again.” I guess Perez forgot already. I sincerely hope he shuffles off to Buffalo this weekend. I remember seeing a Buffalo Bison game last season on SNY-TV and Ol’ Ollie fell off the mound and reinjured himself throwing warm-up pitches. You can’t make this stuff up! I know I’m highly critical but I don’t see him bettering himself in any way for the Mets. I would love to see him give back 90% of his salary for breach of contract. The bullpen effort by Valdes, Acosta and Mejia was terrific allowing no runs. The Jose Reyes Batting Third Experiment was not working and he needs to flip-flop with Angel Pagan in the batting order. I would like to see David Wright shorten his swing and try to hit the ball flat up the middle to get going. Wright seems to me that he’s swinging for the fences in an effort to prove this his ten home runs was an abortion last season. Their Mets’ faces in the dugout in the top of the 9th said it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment