Friday, April 9, 2010

LET’S GO RANGERS! – Blueshirts in Must Win Game as they Host Flyers (aka Effers) at Madison Square Garden Tonight

The New York Rangers have their playoff hopes in their own hands as they host the Philadelphia Flyers (aka Effers) tonight at the Garden. The Garden will be rocking and will most certainly sound like a playoff game as this century’s version of the Broad Street Bullies roll into town. The Rangers need to win tonight in regulation time and at least win Sunday in Philadelphia in overtime or a shootout, or vice-versa. I don’t think I could take it if it goes to a shootout Sunday! I posted on my blog and was speaking to my Wife as we were heading into the City for the game Wednesday that they need to shoot the puck and treat the game like an overtime period. And they did just that. They came out firing from all sides with the defensemen joining the rush. Marc Staal has looked like Brian Leetch of late and we will need Staal to step-up to keep Henrik Lundqvist in one piece and to clear out the crease in front. The Flyers (aka Effers) have too many offensive weapons on their top two lines. The Maple Leaf’s Colton Orr, ex-Ranger who I really liked, played the dirtiest game I’ve ever seen him play on Wednesday. He tried to get Jody Shelley to take the bait. Shelley skated away then Orr punched him, dropped his gloves then hit him from the side. Shelley hadn’t even squared up to him. I leapt out of my seat and starting yelling at Orr, calling him a dirty bastard and other niceties. What a punk move. The Rangers will see lots of that nonsense tonight if they score early goals against Flyer goalie Brian Boucher. The Maple Leafs kept trying to get the Rangers top players into fights as to get them off the ice. I just want to see that mutt Daniel Carcillo go after Shelley and not Aaron Voros. I expect Ryan Callahan to be flying all over the ice, lots of Rangers taking shots and the 4th line to excel. Maybe we should bump them up to the 3rd line? My Wife and I were at the last home game against the Effers as the Blueshirts won 3-1. The Effer fans next to us stopped their yapping early in the 3rd period. Funny; I didn’t say a word to them the entire game, I just looked and laughed. LET’S GO RANGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment