Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Carlos Beltran Will Not Return to Mets Lineup Until All-Star Break at Least – They Said the Exact Same Thing Last Season! – What a Joke

New York Mets centerfielder Carlos Beltran will not be an active Met until the All-Star break at least. On April 13th I posted that the Mets would not see Beltran until June at best and that’s when the team was looking for a May return. I searched the entire New York Met website for news, even under the archived news, and cannot find an update on Beltran’s status. The news has been reported today by WFAN and ESPN 1050 radio. What cracked me up was this article by Adam Rubin as reported by nydailynews.com that says “Doctor: Carlos Beltran could be ready to return to Mets after All-Star break.” THAT WAS LAST SEASON! Hey, why not just reprint that headline with the current date. What a joke. The surgery was reported to be a clean-up job. The Mets should bring back Beltran then peddle him to another team with his insanely expensive contract that hasn’t given the Mets any real return on their investment in a long time. I can’t get the image of him taking strike three in Game 7 of the 2006 NLCS as I sat in my seat at Shea Stadium with my Wife and friends. I had tickets to two World Series Games that I’d hope were to be played at Shea Stadium. Well those games never happened. I stuffed my white rally towel they gave us as we entered Shea into a cyclone fence beneath the train station entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment