Thursday, February 11, 2010

New York Giants Release Defense Captain Antonio Pierce

As reported by nj.com:
After five seasons, a Super Bowl championship, a tumultuous 2008 season, an air horn in the locker room, a serious neck injury and plenty of other ups and downs as an outspoken defensive captain, Antonio Pierce's time with the Giants is over.

The team has released its middle linebacker, Pierce confirmed Thursday afternoon.

"They obviously wanted to move in another direction. I have no animosity," Pierce said by phone. "If anything, I’m excited about it. One thing about it – I’m at peace with it, because I know for five years I gave this organization, this city, everybody, I gave everything I had. I don’t regret anything. Any situation, even the negative with the Plaxico (Burress) situation."

Pierce, 32, had one season remaining on the contract he signed as a free agent in 2005. But a bulging disk suffered last season might have played into the Giants' decision to cut him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment