Friday, February 5, 2010

NATIONAL WEAR RED DAY FRIDAY, 02.05.10

I received this from my Cousin. Our families grew up in Brooklyn on the same block and our brownstones were about 80 feet apart. I miss my Cousin very much. Please read this and pass it on.


National Wear Red Day
Hello All:

I hope you all are well. I wanted to reach out and tell you about National Wear Red Day, Friday, Feb 5th.

Did you know that heart disease is the No. 1 Killer of women in America? I and my family didn't know it until 5 yrs ago last month when my Sister died of a massive coronary. She had an enlarged heart. Her general practitioner had diagnosed her with indigestion, possibly Reflux. A heart condition was never discussed.

My Sister was a beautiful, active and happy woman, 43 yrs of age at the time of her death. She was also a mom of 4 children. I am not writing to bum you out, but rather ask you to think about the women in your life. Your Wife, Mom, Sister, Cousin, yourself. As we reach the age where doctors start to prod and poke a little more closely, many people, men and women fail to think of women as candidates for Heart Disease. No guarantee, but I think if I had more knowledge about women and heart disease when I last visited my Sister in Florida, I might have said something when she wasn't feeling well.

Be aware of the possibilities, ask questions and WEAR RED FRIDAY February 5th - YOU MAY HELP SOMEONE SAVE A LIFE.

Pass it on.


Thanks

1 comment: