Thursday, February 11, 2010

“Enforcer” Donald Brashear Asks Rangers for Trade

After being a healthy scratch in 11 of the last 12 games, Donald Brashear asked the New York Rangers for a trade as reported to the Bergen Record. “That’s more likely why I’m not playing any games," he told the Record. "Usually, when you ask for a trade, they don’t play you."
TSN reports that the Rangers have put Brashear on waivers. The problem is since he is over the age of 35 his salary will still count against the team salary cap even if he’s waived. I was at the playoff game last year when he gave that unbelievable cheap shot to Blair Betts and stunned when Sather Sather singed him in the offseason. Brashear hasn’t been able to fight and is a shell of the dirty enforcer he was for the Canadiens, Canucks, Flyers and Capitals. I really wish Colton Orr was still a Blueshirt like in the picture above. Good riddance and I hope I don’t see him at the Garden anytime soon. The writing was on the wall when they got Brandon Prust in the Olli Jokinen trade. Here’s a picture I took of Prust and Avery as they sat in Ranger penalty box last Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment