Saturday, April 16, 2011

We Went to the Mets' Doubleheader Thursday to Get Minds Off of Rangers' Loss and Left More Disappointed

I had the bright idea to purchase two good seats for the New York Mets' doubleheader Thursday vs. the Colorado Rockies at Citi Field so my Wife and I could enjoy a beautiful day at the ball park. The thought was to take our minds off of the very tough 2-1 overtime Ranger loss at the hands of the Washington Capitals the night before. We had great seats in section 318 right in front of the WFAN-AM broadcast booth behind home plate. Unfortunately the Mets dropped both games, 6-5 and 9-4 and we felt worse! I met Wayne Hagin from the WFAN-AM broadcast team in the hallway between innings of Game 2 and we chatted about the very poor defense exhibited by Mets' outfield. All three players simply made poor plays in both games. The Rockies' shortstop Troy Tulowitzki simply blew away the Mets' pitching and Mets' first baseman Ike Davis struck out four times. It was very tough to watch but I for one do not boo my teams. I root for them to defeat the opposition. I will honestly assess the play but do not join the boo birds. All I can say is LET'S GO METS!

No comments:

Post a Comment