Friday, July 22, 2011

Red Bulls’ Supporters Planning Protest for Home Game vs. FC Dallas on Saturday, July 23rd

Photo Credit Getty Images
RBNY’s hardcore supporters groups (ESC, GSS and Viking Army) who sit in the South Ward are planning a 45-minute unified silent protest in the first half of Saturday evening’s game vs. FC Dallas. RBNY had zero interest in winning the 2011 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup by sending a team of backups to Chicago to face the Fire for the quarterfinal match on July 23rd. The team felt it not necessary to send top tier players and in fact nobody from the coaching staff made the trip either. Needless to say the Fire won the game, by a score of 4-0. It would be nice for the club to actually hoist a real cup over their heads and give the fans something to feel good about. The love fest with head coach Hans Backe has worn thin in less than one season as last year he was considered the answer. My Wife and I are going to the game with friends tomorrow night and we’re just hoping it’s not too repulsively hot, but I’m sure it will be. Watching the silent protest will be interesting to see, and I wonder if the supporters will cheer Red Bull goals scored in the first half. I most likely will, but maybe quietly in my seat, trying not to sweat too much. I’m looking forward to the game and want to see how the players respond to the South Ward after full time. The timing could not be worse for the club as Red Bull Arena will host the MLS All Star Game on July 27th. I always cheer my teams and personally don’t bash them from my seat. I’m looking forward to Forno’s of Spain prior to the match and say Let’s Go Red Bulls!

No comments:

Post a Comment