Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rangers Come Up Short in 5-3 Loss to Capitals at The Garden Tuesday

The New York Rangers came up a little short in their 5-3 loss to the Washington Capitals last night at Madison Square Garden. Brian Boyle played very well and had his second 2-goal game and did everything he could to earn a natural hat trick. The Blueshirts’ defense has to play more consistently and unfortunately Henrik Lundqvist let in a couple of soft goals by his standards. The Capitals all shot high and it paid off. It was good seeing Brandon Dubinsky get into a scrap with defenseman Mike Green, who I think is just this side of dirty. I could not believe that Derek Boogaard scored his first goal as Ranger. He never scores and is among the league leaders in fighting majors. The Big Man picked up the puck along the left boards, streaked into the offensive zone and blasted a slap shot into the back of the net. I was offered a ticket to the game but couldn’t get back to town in time to go. Maybe it’s better that I watched that one on TV. My Wife and I are going to root on the Rangers at The Garden this Sunday afternoon for a 12:30 PM matinee.

No comments:

Post a Comment