Sunday, November 14, 2010

Going to Madison Square Garden as Rangers Host Ex-Head Coach Tom Renney and His Oilers

My Wife and I are looking forward to going to the 12:30 PM matinee at The Garden as the New York Rangers welcome their ex-head coach Tom Renney and his Edmonton Oilers. The Oilers are reeling already and the Rangers should win this one.

"I’m coming in as the enemy," said Renney, in his first season as the Oilers coach after going 164-121-42 for the Rangers from Feb. 25, 2004 to Feb. 23, 2009. "I am going to allow myself the opportunity to bump into people. … I never thought it was so bad I couldn’t walk in with my head up."
Renney is a class act and deserved better when coaching the Rangers. He brought the Blueshirts back to the Playoffs after the lockout and gave us something to cheer about. I’m looking forward to seeing him and I hope he has his chewing gum in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment