Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rex Ryan Fined $75,000 Yesterday by NFL for Telling Fan to “Shut the F**k Up!

Photo Credit Reuters
New York Jets’ head coach Rex Ryan was fined yesterday by the NFL $75,000 for yelling at a fan to “Shut the f**k up!”. As the Jet team was walking into the locker room at half time of the Patriots/Jets game on Sunday (11/13/11) a fan, aka “nitwit” barked at Rex as reported by nydailynews.com:
“Hey Rex, Belichick’s better than you.”
Rex then said in Rex Fashion:
“Shut the f**k up!”
The incident was naturally recorded and splattered all over the Internet. The NFL did not think too kindly on this and levied the fine on Rex, his second. The first fine was for flipping the bird to the Dolphin fans attending a mixed martial arts event in Miami, January 2010.
“The commissioner’s got a tough enough job,” Ryan said of not appealing the fine. “I’m an NFL lifer. I know I represent the NFL and I represent the Jets. So I’m accountable for my actions. So I will not appeal.”

“It was a mistake and I’ve owned up to that mistake. There’s no question about it. I’m not going to appeal it, because quite honestly, [Roger Goodell] made a decision. His decision is that I should be fined $75,000, then that’s the way it is. I want to get it behind me. Obviously, it was a mistake that I made. I’m responsible for my actions. I haven’t denied that one bit or slouched on that responsibility. I understand it. And I know to coach in the National Football League is an honor. I don’t want to be a guy that puts a black eye on this or whatever. I just want to get it behind me and move forward.”
I heard Rex say this on tape this morning on WFAN-AM and it totally cracked me up. Now this is Rex Being Rex:
“Sometimes we look like a million dollars. Sometimes we look like $75,000. Sometimes we look like nothing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment