Sunday, May 1, 2011

Special Thank You to my Friends for Invitation into their Fantasy Premier League and My New Red Bulls Jersey

I would like to offer a special thank you to my friends (you know who you are!) for purchasing my new Red Bull jersey. I was invited into their Fantasy Premier League 2010/11 this season, where you manage your own Fantasy team selected from players in the Barclays Premier League. The Premier League is to soccer what the NHL is to hockey. I have played fantasy sports for the past ten years (NFL, MLB, NBA) but this was my first foray into the Premier League. Absolute luck was on my side this season and I’m very fortunate to have won. The prize was a jersey of one’s choice and I chose the new 2011 away kit with #5 Tim Ream, second-year defender from the New York Red Bulls. Ream plays with the confidence of a veteran and I admire his composure and skill. Ream has been called up to the US Men’s National Team and I hope he’s there for many years to come. (I’m partial to defenders and my favorite NY Rangers jersey is #2, Hall of Fame defenseman Brian Leetch). I was considering a United jersey but felt Ream was the perfect fit now. Speaking of fit, I found a jersey that fit perfectly at the Bullshop in Red Bull Arena. Thanks also for the heads-up by two of the Viper’s Nest crew for their suggestions to peruse the Bullshop and info on pricing. The Viper’s Nest is an excellent blog for all things Red Bulls. They know their football inside-out and offer very lively posts. Big Viper shoots videos before, at half time and full time of all matches. Their soccer knowledge and dedication to RBNY is unmatched. LET’S GO RED BULLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment