Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jets Safety Kerry Rhodes Fined $5,000 by the NFL for Throwing Ball Into Stands at Meadowlands on 11/29/09

Immediately after safety Kerry Rhodes picked off quarterback Jake Delhomme of the Panthers on November 29th at the Meadowlands and gunned the ball into the stands I told my Wife the NFL would fine him, and they did. The NFL announced that Rhodes has been fined $5,000 for the “offense”. If he played for the Green Bay Packers and scored a touchdown at home he’d hurl himself into the front row behind the end zone to perform the obligatory "Lambeau Leap". It’s okay to have fans pat you on helmet, back and fanny if you play in Green Bay but you better not throw a ball into the stands! I get what the NFL is saying but come on, give me a break! I’m glad he did it as it was one of the few bright spots for his otherwise dismal year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment